Air Purification Services in Utah
In Utah, we often worry about the effects of seasonal inversions and accompanying high levels of outdoor air pollution on our families’ health. But what about the indoor air quality between the walls of our own homes? Some of our government’s Environmental Protection Agency’s statistics on the air we breathe indoors are sobering:
- Indoor air pollution consistently ranks as one of the Top 5 risks to overall public health
- Indoor air pollutants can be 2-5 times higher and even 100 times higher than outdoor levels
- Poor indoor air quality aggravates children’s asthma symptoms, resulting in 10 million missed school days nationwide
- Concentration, calculation abilities, and memory are all adversely affected by poor indoor air quality
- Certain toxins contained in our indoor air may even cause cancer
–Source: EPA 1999 studies on indoor air quality
Even the most meticulous housekeeper will not be able to prevent poor indoor air quality, and smoking indoors is not the main culprit either: there are toxins emitted from many common household furnishings that can cause a variety of problems. Here is a brief overview of some of the main causes of poor indoor air quality:
- Finishers, sealers, adhesives and a wide range of fabrics contain benzene, toluene, formaldehyde as well as volatile organic compounds that are slowly emitted in gaseous form. Paint, flooring, furniture, rugs, clothing and other common items may be putting your family at risk.
- Poor ventilation systems that do not circulate air properly are also great contributors to poor air quality. Dirty ducts, poorly-designed ducts, and lack of a good filtration system are huge problems.
- Pet dander, dust, dirt and airborne allergens are constantly in the air even despite our best cleaning efforts. Careful cleaning and daily vacuuming will ease these problems, but they can never be gotten rid of entirely through our own hard work alone.
Obtaining and maintaining the safest levels of indoor air quality possible should be every Utah home and commercial property owner’s goal. Superior is the premier provider of Utah air purification systems and services that will help your family breathe easier and breathe cleaner air each and every time they come home. Look to us for the very best in:
- House Air Purification
- Duct Cleaning
- Humidifiers & Ventilation
"*" indicates required fields
Air Purification Department
What Can a Humidifier & Ventilation Do For Me?
It should come as no surprise that the state of Utah has some of the driest air in the country on a year-round basis. Indoor air that is too dry will:
- Possible cause damage to expensive furniture and wood floors
- Aggravate certain health conditions such as asthma and sinus headaches
- Dry out nasal passages and increase nose bleeds
- Contribute to dry itchy skin on hands and arms in all kinds of weather
- Result in “zaps” whenever you touch a metal object or go to kiss your loved ones
You and your family can enjoy continuous comfort and better health with the help of one of Superior’s high quality, energy-efficient whole-house humidifying systems. Our steam humidification methods will keep your home at 45% humidity: the optimum level for comfort with no risk of bacteria or mold growth.
We offer you a choice of Utah humidifiers that either work directly with your central air system or stand alone. Contact us today to get an appointment and we will come to your home for a FREE written estimateand help you choose the perfect size and type of humidifier to meet your family’s needs.
Our whole-house ventilation eliminates hot and cold areas in your home by keeping air circulating as it should: your family will enjoy more comfort all year round and your heating and air system will last longer too. Contact us today and get an appointment for a FREE ESTIMATE on our energy-efficient ventilation systems.
Because Superior is the indoor comfort specialist, we also offer ventilation systems for Utah homes that need a little extra help with proper air circulation. Look to us for quality:
- Bathroom ventilation systems
- Attic ventilation systems
- Whole-house ventilation for homes with vaulted ceilings